This week, we’re taking a look at a few of our destinations and the wonderful spas they have to offer. The whole purpose of a vacation is to unwind, so why not do it right and treat yourself (and your significant other) to one of these unique spa experiences in Hot Springs, Athens, Portland, or Juneau!
1. Hot Springs, AR is actually known as the “Spa City” and “America’s First Resort”, having harnessed its natural springs decades ago, attracting gangsters, sports stars, and celebrities alike to its bathhouses. Although several of the locations on the historical Bathhouse Row are now museums and shops, two still offer the traditional bathhouse experience. Visit the Buckstaff or Quapaw bathhouses to relax in the natural spring water.
2. Don’t think for a moment that spa experiences are just for women! In Athens, GA, Urban Sanctuary is an eco-friendly spa specializing in men’s services as well as women’s. Try the Urban Sports Massage, ranging from $45 – $105, or enjoy a relaxing Couples Massage for the two of you.
3. Most of us spend a great deal of time working on our feet, rushing around the office, to meetings, and running errands on our lunch. Considering giving your toes a little TLC – the Barefoot Sage in Portland, OR specializes in therapy just for your feet. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere while you soak your feet and receive the best foot message you’ve ever had! Packages range from $45 – $115, and this makes a great spa date for two or outing with a group (think bridal party bonding).
4. Acupuncture has been used to successfully treat a variety of health problems, encouraging the body to use its own natural defenses and healing mechanisms. Pain, neurological conditions, digestion problems, respiratory issues, skin conditions, and other issues have had successful results with acupuncture treatment. While you’re in Portland, don’t forget to make an appointment at the highly-esteemed RiverWest Acupuncture, a compassionate practice with a focus on taking a holistic approach to healing. In addition to acupuncture services, RiverWest offers classes and events, including Healthy Cooking for Kids, Yoga, and Pilates.
5. Southeast Alaska is gorgeous in the summer, and you can really take advantage of a trip to Juneau when you stay at Pearson’s Pond Luxury Inn and Adventure Spa. Located in a secluded area in the Tongass Rain Forest, the outdoor hot tubs and saunas will have the stress of everyday life melting away in no time. If the massages or reflexology aren’t your thing, consider kayaking in the Mendenhall River or resting in their gorgeous garden.